ZTora - pronounced (Zee - Tor - Ah) Rants, scants, and elephant dance. The Zee Tiger is in the room.


Wednesday, June 07, 2006

She's Gone Home.

This is an old post that I am reprinting to this blog.
---------------------------------------------------------

In the year of my Lord February 20th, 2005 a beautiful G-dly women was called back home. My Grandmother, has gone to be with my Grandfather, my sister, and one of my older cousins.

My Grandmother is a special women. Special because she always cared for her family and loved them. She loved her husband and loved her great grand children. She loved her extended family at church and she loved Jesus Christ her Lord and savior. I know she is with my Lord, because I know the fruit of her labor, her undying love of G-d, and her confession of love for Christ which is boar out in her life. I wish I could find a women like my grandmother, but I don't see to many like that anymore. If I could find a women half as good as my grandmother then I would truly be a lucky man. I can see why my Grandfather fell in love with her.

She will be missed, as I miss her each time I walk in the house or walk by her chair, but I know where she is now and I know she is singing with the heavenly host and doing the Lord's work. She has no pain, has a new heavenly body, and is back with many friends and loved ones.

Paul said to the the Philippians 1

(20) I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. (21) For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (22) If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! (23) I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; (24) but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. (25) Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, (26) so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

I think my Grandmother typified this. She wondered why she had stayed so long after my grandfather died but she realized she still had work ahead. She didn't 'retire' from her work at Church till her body was no long physically able to do it. She was an intelligently strong women who operated in her marriage as a women should. I don't think I could say enough about her. Except I love you grandma. I pray the Holy Spirit carries my love to you, and I will see you again some day.

No comments: