ZTora - pronounced (Zee - Tor - Ah) Rants, scants, and elephant dance. The Zee Tiger is in the room.


Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some quotes from Kelvin

I found some interesting quotes from Lord Kelvin. I'll post some here but I recommend you take a look at them.

"The more thoroughly I conduct scientific research, the more I believe that science excludes atheism."

"...Creative Power is the only feasible answer to the origin of life from a scientific perspective."

"I can state flatly that heavier than air flying machines are impossible."

"The steam engine has given more to science than science has given to the steam engine."

"Nothing can be more fatal to progress than a too confident reliance on mathematical symbols; for the student is only too apt to take the easier course, and consider the formula not the fact as the physical reality."

No comments: